Source: L.R. Ely
Because almost everyone thinks this (new millennium) already has
happened. No accounting for counting, or the lack of the ability
Each New Year is celebrated as another victory
in our ultimately losing rear-guard action against our personal
mortalities. We know there will be a personal reckoning, we
just don't know when.
Each Centennial and Milennial is a celebrated with
even more enthusiasm as a victory in our ultimately losing rear-guard
action against the Judgment of God upon the entire world.
We know, intuitively, that "Christ is coming and he's pissed
off", we just don't know when.
The "auspiciousness" of the event will
depend entirely upon several
1. The materialists are right and there is no significance
2. God is counting the same as man counts, but before we get
to the real "Millennium" (the thousand-year reign of Christ),
we have to pass through some bad stuff first....
3. Man has loused up the counting, so his tallying bears no
realtion to God's.
4. Various "New Agers" are right and we will be
inundated in fuzzy feel-goodness forever, for no particular reason,
just because it's in the stars.
5. The UFOers are right and we will be elevated
to membership in the Cosmic Coffee Klutch forever because ETs are
6. The UFOers are right and we will be subjugated
to cosmic slavery or annihilation becuase ETs are not so nice.
7. Something I haven't thought of.
8. Something no one has thought of.
9. Some incredible combination of any and/or all of the above.