[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]
UFO Reports

Strange Lights in the Skies Over Maine

Source: Filer's Files #35; 8/29/01; www.filersfiles.com

OAKLAND -- My girl friend and I saw two UFO's on August 11, 2001, at 2:00 AM.  They looked about 3-4 miles away near the horizon and very bright.  The light they emitted was a white light and cast a reflection on the lake.  It had 3 different shapes that it kept alternating into every few minutes.  The first shape looked like two balls that were stuck together, then it appeared to move closer to me and would turn into a five pointed star, and moving farther away it became a fine point of light.  The light had an aura around it.  The light appeared to be stationary.  A few times it did move rather rapidly, but would stay near the same place.  The first time it made a figure 8, then a few "sparkles" when other aircraft came near it.  I saw 6 planes go near the two objects.  It looked like a military plane shot a missile at it,(that is when I saw the first "sparkle").  The second UFO was higher in the sky and stayed in the same spot the whole time I was watching.  It was not as bright and was half the size as the first.  It had a shape of the two balls stuck together the whole time.  I had watched them for a couple hours and the desire for sleep took over.  Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC www.ufocenter.com.

LEWISTON -- Authorities have no explanation for eerie bright lights and loud rumbling sounds that dozens of people reported coming from the skies on August 25, 2001.  People from Lewiston, Auburn, Sabattus, Greene, Leeds, Monmouth, and Minot called police or the Lewiston Sun Journal about the lights and noises.  They said they saw bright lights or a streak of light followed by a flash, and heard loud rumbling noises.  "It was a long rumbling.  It sounded like a huge, huge object," said Lynn Madelyn Bailey, 59, of Minot.  "I was afraid to go out on my deck.  It sounded like it was right over my house."  But officials said no commercial flights flew through the area at the time.  Lewiston Police Sgt. Michael McGonagle tried to find the source of the phenomenon after taking several calls about it.  But after calling the Federal Aviation Administration, the National Guard, the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency and others, he didn't have an answer.  Thanks to the Lewiston Sun Journal and Gerry@FarShores - wwww.100megsfree4.com/farshores/